Job Description: Electrical Service Technician – Renewable Energy
Reports To: General Manager, Operations
Location: 620 Ireland Rd, Simcoe ON, N3Y 4K2
Job Type: Full-time position, Monday-Friday
Westhill Innovation is a leading designer and supplier of environmentally sustainable composite systems for the Commercial Transportation Industry. We are seeking an Electrical Service Technician – Solar Energy, who has exceptional product knowledge with Commercial Transportation Solar system. This candidate will report to the General Manager of Operations. The incumbent will assist in installation, commissioning, and maintenance of various mobile solar energy systems (unique solar arrays, state-of-the-art battery systems, and unique monitoring systems).
The ideal candidate has experience in installation and service, and S/he will have the unique opportunity to work growing the future of sustainable energy.Prior experience in the energy business with a specialty in solar, and battery systems is a must. In this role you will be joining a fantastic team of professionals where dedication and commitment are key qualities.
If you have a successful background in renewable energy field, with possibly a specialty in the trucking or truck trailer business, and are looking for a positive change, please apply. The Objective is to work as part of the engineering design team to achieve commercialization targets as set out by the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluating customer's needs and promoting Westhill’s suite of solar energy products
- Familiar with grid-tied inverters and able to work with various ground and roof mount racking systems
- Perform required design installation, commissioning, and preventive maintenance activities on unique solar, battery and inverter systems
- Respond to corrective maintenance cases on commercial solar PV in mobile applications, commercial energy storage systems, and updating all information accurately
- Support the ongoing development and improvement of the Westhill Design, Operations and Service team
- Understanding of technical reports and drawing related to their field
- Ensure the company’s property is taken care of
- Must be able to work at heights, climb ladders and stairs, lift heavy objects and work on your feet for long periods of time Bending, stooping, crawling, in confined spaces, working in limited illuminated areas, working in dusty conditions are required
- Comfortable making decisions independently and handling emergency situations with a calm and measured manner Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal); particularly in a customer-facing environment
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance required
- Ability to travel for up to a week at a time if required
- Understanding of the NEC codes that relate to Commercial installations preferred
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E practices preferred
- Strong technical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, structural, electrical drawings, specifications and schedules would be an asset
- Superior ability in building strong relationships with sales reps through phone and online communication
- Ability to work in a challenging and fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and organization skills with attention to detail
- Proven ability to work with deadlines and comfortable multi-tasking
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong computer skills in Excel and Word
- Knowledge of product and performance requirements, that typically make up a truck trailer
Education and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting solar PV systems, battery storage or electric vehicle charging stations.
- Relevant diploma or a degree preferred
Why Work with us?
Be a partner in decision making and working in a place that values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. Help us create the next generation of electric transportation. Move the world to sustainable energy.
- Medical, Drug and Dental coverage
- Social events whenever possible
- Ability to work in an agile organization with a lean start-up mentality – ISO 9001/14001 Certified
- Performance driven organization
- Career Planning and training opportunities
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Vision care